Just as the beautiful redwoods have a deep history in Humboldt County, so too does Humboldt House Lodge... once IT WAS A SCHOOL, THEN A hospital, AND ALSO A CARE HOME, it continues the heritage and tradition of caring for others.
Susan powell is an integral part of it's success. as owner and ADMINISTRATOR, Susan had a vision over a decade ago to continue the tradition of caring. determination has made her dream a reality, one she wants to share with the community.
Her extensive education and EXPERIENCE in the HEALTH care is vast:
- Bachelor Of Science In Nutrition and Gerontology from Chico State University 1982.
- Nursing and Associate Of Science Degree from Cochise College 1999.
- She has been in the health care industry since she was 16 years old.
- Health and Nutrition Coordinator for Head's Start.
- Worked for WIC at Fort Huachuca, AZ.
- Taught Home Economics.
- Over 17 years as a Registered Nurse.
- Charge Nurse, Home Health Nurse, Tele-Health Nurse, for the Veterans Administration.
call today to schedule a tour of our facility; 707-601-5561.